I could have used this information over the last 29 years of my god damn life
My mom taught me to pack like this and she gets mad when I come to visit and sees that I don’t use it.
I need to remember this for uniforms.
Oh my god, I am learning this ASAP. HOW DID I NOT KNOW OF THIS BEFORE?!
- clean bathroom tips
- organize your closet
- how to fix a leaky faucet
- how to keep a clean kitchen
- removing stains from your carpet
- how to coupon
- what to do when you can’t pay your bills
- see if you’re paying too much for your cell phone bill
- how to save money
- How to Balance a Check Book
- How to do Your Own Taxes
- how to take care of yourself when you’re sick
- things to bring to a doctor’s appointment
- what to expect from your first gynecologist appointment
- how to make a doctor’s appointment
- how to pick a health insurance plan
- a list of stress relievers
- how to get free therapy
- what to do if you get pulled over by a cop
- a list of hotlines in a crisis
- things to keep in your car in case of an emergency
- recipes that take 30 minutes or less
- Yummy apple thing
- Brownie in a cup
- Cookie in a cup
- French bread pizza
- Egg tacos
- panera mac n cheese recipe
- different salad recipes
- harry potter recipes
- healthy recipes
- various cookie recipes
- chocolate cupcakes w/ eggless cookie dough topping
- s’mores pie
- nutella hot chocolate
- peanut butter nutella swirl cookies
- cookie in a mug
- starbucks holiday drinks
- fruit leathers
- brownie in a mug
- how to make ramen 1000x better
- eggless cookie dough (not to bake, just to eat)
- make recipes using things you already have
- how to put together a very fancy cheese plate
- make different flavored lemonades
- various desert recipes
- make tiny chocolate chip cookies
- 20 dishes every cook should know
- learn how to make your own tea
- Macaroni and cheese in a mug
- Study snacks (2)
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipes
- what the hell is a mortgage?
- first apartment essentials checklist
- how to care for cacti and succulents
- the care and keeping of plants
- Getting an apartment
- time management
- create a resume
- find the right career
- how to pick a major
- how to interview for a job
- How to write cover letters
- ULTIMATE PACKING LIST
- Traveling for Cheap
- Travel Accessories
- The Best Way to Pack a Suitcase
- How To Read A Map
- How to Apply For A Passport
- How to Make A Travel Budget
Highly requested post. Once again I post these because it’s just a thrill to READ abut them even.
I have received various messages from people who actually tried some of these games and got back horrifying, emotionally and physically scarring results.
You have been warned over and over again not to try it.
hide and seek: playing cat and mouse with a possessed doll
fortune: asking spirits for your entire future
things you never want to do: a collection of dare-devil activities
midnight man: summoning a demon
how to actually contact blood mary: self-explanatory
living doll: inducing a spirit to possess a doll
concentrate: a game to figure out how you will die
kokkuri-san: summon a spirit to ask about the future
three kings: access to another dimension
shoe box telephone: communication with the dead
elevator game: access to another world you may or may not get out of
bath game: summoning a ghost that will follow you around all day
cat scratch: to summon a spirit that leave claw marks on your back
sandman game: persons body feels much heavier
baby blue: to summon an evil baby spirit
light as a feather: make person’s body light enough to lift up with fingers
- Only the FIRST FIVE tags you use on a NEW POST show up in the tracked tags
- Only the FIRST TWENTY tags on any post on your blog function (i.e click tag #21 and it will say page not found)
- When you’re in your messages, you can click the top right corner of an ask & it will take you to a permalink page. Go to ‘edit’ (top right of page) and reply using the post edit screen (and add tags without an extension)
- Always Reblog, Never Repost
- Tumblr Etiquette: don’t delete the OPs caption, consider it part of the work as a whole.
- Don’t tag your hate. If you don’t like a character or show or whatever, don’t tag your new post with their name/title/whatever in the first five tags. It shows up in the tracked tags. People that track a tag do so normally cause they love a thing. Don’t ruin a thing. No one likes a ruiner.
- Tumblr default reblogs long text posts as links and its a pain in the ass. Who ever wants them as a link. No one, ever. When you’re reblogging a text post, go to the Aa drop down menu in the top right & select ‘reblog as text’.
- When you add a comment to a post, the OP sees it. Just so you know. There’s a whole etiquette on commenting vs tags but it’s your blog do what the fuck you want
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT POST.
-you smell different when you’re awake
-please help me (then smile as if nothing happened)
-you have lovely skin, I can’t wait to wear it
-your hair tastes like strawberries
-he knows, don’t go home.
-I always knew you would die in my arms
-every time I poop I think of you
-no one will ever believe you
-I killed mufasa
-I bet you didn’t feel me lick your ear
-mother told me it would be like this
This is the most accurate post I’ve seen on tumblr
You are standing wrong. I say this as a massage therapist who works with people’s bodies all day: women are taught to stand wrong. Since the 50’s, pictures of women have been posed with their feet tilted to the side, knees locked to minimize the natural knobby shape of the knee, and sway-backed to stick their asses out for “perkiness” or whatever.
That is bad for your everything, and causes weakness in the core muscles which tighten and flatten the stomach.
The cure: feet pointing directly forward, put your hand on your tailbone. Tilt your pelvis until the tailbone is straight up and down. This will cause your knees to bend very slightly. It makes a huge difference for back and knee pain, and will make your tummy flatter with no sit-ups or working out at all.
I had a feeling my strangely giant stomach and spinal weirdness had to due with posture
This must be the most beautiful DIY tutorial I have ever seen. And it so happens to be in style of this weekend. Found on Ulicam, a very nice blog by Ulrika Kestere, photographer and illustrator. For the whole tutorial and lot’s of inspiration, click here.
this is an interesting point, although mathematically inaccurate: assuming the women:men, 0.78:1 ratio is correct, men make $1.28 for every woman’s $1
A white man makes $1.34 for every dollar that a black man makes
A white man makes $1.52 for every dollar that a latino man makes
A white man makes $1.24 for every dollar that a white woman makes
A white man makes $1.44 for every dollar that a black woman makes
A white man makes $1.67 for every dollar that a latina woman makes
That’s some bullshit right there.
Let’s take it a step further. For every hour a white man works, a black woman has to work 86 minutes to earn as much money. 57.6 hours a week compared to the white man’s 40.
Take it another step further. Assuming a Monday through Friday, 9 to 5 job, from Thursday 12:45pm through Friday end of business, a white man gets paid for his work, a black woman is, by comparison, working for free.
THE LAST LINE
This. I am tired of seing this numbers without thinking about woc. (via arobynsong)
and now, imagine the number for a Black Latina. i struggle w/even attempting to make that math work out b/c i think i’m trying to protect myself from what kind of harm that may bring to me at this moment, as an unemployed LatiNegra in the US.
Here are some scientific facts about blood loss for all you
psychopathswriters out there.
I would like to know what is in those bottles.
It’s Siracha!!!! Siracha is life!
That’s actually highly useful.
Once they had a ship, the pirates elected their captains, and made all their decisions collectively. They shared their bounty out in what Rediker calls “one of the most egalitarian plans for the disposition of resources to be found anywhere in the 18th century.”
They even took in escaped African slaves and lived with them as equals. The pirates showed “quite clearly – and subversively – that ships did not have to be run in the brutal and oppressive ways of the merchant service and the Royal navy.” This is why they were popular, despite being unproductive thieves.
Oops, turns out piracy is pretty much always a term like terrorist that gets slapped on whatever we don’t like despite being a general reaction to the status quo. And nothing’s really changed.
And when african pirates were captured by the British they were forced into the slave trade.
Horrible Histories taught me about pirates https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwn5K89dE5c
They were generally democratic, disciplined, communal - they even had pensions! If you wanted out of the pirate life, you would be taken to a destination of your choice (anywhere in the world) and given a lump sum to help you with your new life.
Honor among thieves.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU YES i’ve spent like two years studying piracy (back when i had time to devote to reading and research) and yes pirates are actually all very interesting and democratic and great
Reblogging since someone recently sent me an ask on this topic (although now it appears to be lost somewhere in my inbox).
The thing that annoys me the most about conversations on piracy is the Eurocentrism. African pirates feature as ‘side characters’ on white western ships and that’s about it. This TOTALLY ignores the many other pirate communities out there. Like, why are there no documentaries, movies and novels about Chinese pirates? They outnumbered pirate ships of European origin by a large margin and were very succesful. They formed massive fleets and regularily kicked ass against European naval fleets.
Chinese ‘Pirate kings’ often had a fleet of over 200 ships and the Japanese-Chinese pirate king Cheng Chih-Lung had over a thousand. He fought wars against rival pirate kings and often saw the European fleets as minor nuances. After 1635 you couldn’t sail the Taiwan Strait without a permit issued by Cheng Chih-Lung. He then went on to become a navy commander of the Ming dynasty. He kicked the Dutch VOC out of Taiwan and might have become king of Taiwan if he hadn’t died shortly after.
How is he not the most famous pirate in the history of piracy? Oh yeah.. wait.. he wasn’t white.
Ching Shih had a force of 17,000 men on 200 ships at her command, and she was a hardcore badass pirate queen. http://www.badassoftheweek.com/chingshih.html