Highly requested post. Once again I post these because it’s just a thrill to READ abut them even.
I have received various messages from people who actually tried some of these games and got back horrifying, emotionally and physically scarring results.
You have been warned over and over again not to try it.
hide and seek: playing cat and mouse with a possessed doll
fortune: asking spirits for your entire future
things you never want to do: a collection of dare-devil activities
midnight man: summoning a demon
how to actually contact blood mary: self-explanatory
living doll: inducing a spirit to possess a doll
concentrate: a game to figure out how you will die
kokkuri-san: summon a spirit to ask about the future
three kings: access to another dimension
shoe box telephone: communication with the dead
elevator game: access to another world you may or may not get out of
bath game: summoning a ghost that will follow you around all day
cat scratch: to summon a spirit that leave claw marks on your back
sandman game: persons body feels much heavier
baby blue: to summon an evil baby spirit
light as a feather: make person’s body light enough to lift up with fingers
- Only the FIRST FIVE tags you use on a NEW POST show up in the tracked tags
- Only the FIRST TWENTY tags on any post on your blog function (i.e click tag #21 and it will say page not found)
- When you’re in your messages, you can click the top right corner of an ask & it will take you to a permalink page. Go to ‘edit’ (top right of page) and reply using the post edit screen (and add tags without an extension)
- Always Reblog, Never Repost
- Tumblr Etiquette: don’t delete the OPs caption, consider it part of the work as a whole.
- Don’t tag your hate. If you don’t like a character or show or whatever, don’t tag your new post with their name/title/whatever in the first five tags. It shows up in the tracked tags. People that track a tag do so normally cause they love a thing. Don’t ruin a thing. No one likes a ruiner.
- Tumblr default reblogs long text posts as links and its a pain in the ass. Who ever wants them as a link. No one, ever. When you’re reblogging a text post, go to the Aa drop down menu in the top right & select ‘reblog as text’.
- When you add a comment to a post, the OP sees it. Just so you know. There’s a whole etiquette on commenting vs tags but it’s your blog do what the fuck you want
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT POST.
-you smell different when you’re awake
-please help me (then smile as if nothing happened)
-you have lovely skin, I can’t wait to wear it
-your hair tastes like strawberries
-he knows, don’t go home.
-I always knew you would die in my arms
-every time I poop I think of you
-no one will ever believe you
-I killed mufasa
-I bet you didn’t feel me lick your ear
-mother told me it would be like this
so basically someone made a redesigned version of Comic Sans and holy shit I never knew I could warm up to something that resembles Comic Sans like this
I’m not a typographer so my eyes aren’t trained for this but I think I might use this from now on
I recommend going to the website just to look at the comparison gif of Comic Neue vs Comic Sans.
small collection of trans education resources for cis allies who are interested
- what does “cisgender” mean?
- what does “transgender” mean?
- what does “genderqueer” mean?
- what does “non-binary” mean?
- in-depth interview with a non-binary genderqueer person about their identity
- what does “intersex” mean?
- but how does the psychology community feel about trans people?
- why is it hard for trans people to access medical care?
- other various terms, and some more
I made a slideshow about how to create a fictional character… I got most of the information from the ‘start writing fiction’ (free) course on the OpenUniversity website and found it incredibly useful so here’s a visual version for you :)
Anonymous asked: Any tips on roleplaying someone smarter than yourself. I'm trying to roleplay a scholar, this scholar is in their mid sixties(and the universe of which I Rp allows women to be an equal part if society) I've been a bit stumped and would like some advice on this subject.
- Guide: How to Write A Smart Character
- Writing A Character Smarter Than Yourself
- Character Development: The Witty Character
- Witty Characters
- Character Development: Characters With Wit and Charisma
- Writing A Witty Character
- How to Play A Bitch Who Is Clever and Witty
- How to Have A Witty Conversation
Hope that helps!
Here are some scientific facts about blood loss for all you
psychopathswriters out there.
I would like to know what is in those bottles.
It’s Siracha!!!! Siracha is life!
That’s actually highly useful.
Once they had a ship, the pirates elected their captains, and made all their decisions collectively. They shared their bounty out in what Rediker calls “one of the most egalitarian plans for the disposition of resources to be found anywhere in the 18th century.”
They even took in escaped African slaves and lived with them as equals. The pirates showed “quite clearly – and subversively – that ships did not have to be run in the brutal and oppressive ways of the merchant service and the Royal navy.” This is why they were popular, despite being unproductive thieves.
Oops, turns out piracy is pretty much always a term like terrorist that gets slapped on whatever we don’t like despite being a general reaction to the status quo. And nothing’s really changed.
And when african pirates were captured by the British they were forced into the slave trade.
Horrible Histories taught me about pirates https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwn5K89dE5c
They were generally democratic, disciplined, communal - they even had pensions! If you wanted out of the pirate life, you would be taken to a destination of your choice (anywhere in the world) and given a lump sum to help you with your new life.
Honor among thieves.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU YES i’ve spent like two years studying piracy (back when i had time to devote to reading and research) and yes pirates are actually all very interesting and democratic and great
Reblogging since someone recently sent me an ask on this topic (although now it appears to be lost somewhere in my inbox).
The thing that annoys me the most about conversations on piracy is the Eurocentrism. African pirates feature as ‘side characters’ on white western ships and that’s about it. This TOTALLY ignores the many other pirate communities out there. Like, why are there no documentaries, movies and novels about Chinese pirates? They outnumbered pirate ships of European origin by a large margin and were very succesful. They formed massive fleets and regularily kicked ass against European naval fleets.
Chinese ‘Pirate kings’ often had a fleet of over 200 ships and the Japanese-Chinese pirate king Cheng Chih-Lung had over a thousand. He fought wars against rival pirate kings and often saw the European fleets as minor nuances. After 1635 you couldn’t sail the Taiwan Strait without a permit issued by Cheng Chih-Lung. He then went on to become a navy commander of the Ming dynasty. He kicked the Dutch VOC out of Taiwan and might have become king of Taiwan if he hadn’t died shortly after.
How is he not the most famous pirate in the history of piracy? Oh yeah.. wait.. he wasn’t white.
Ching Shih had a force of 17,000 men on 200 ships at her command, and she was a hardcore badass pirate queen. http://www.badassoftheweek.com/chingshih.html
THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN
- finding someone aesthetically pleasing
- being sexually attracted to someone
- being romantically attracted to someone
Anonymous asked: AHHH! I really need help on describing clothing!! Can you help me??? Is there a master post of some sort about clothing? Like I just really need help in describing it. Words to describe it is what I need. I don't need references or names of the types of clothing, but words that could describe it. I want to be detailed as possible. But its hard to describe clothing, especially dresses... Help?
There are three basic steps to describing clothing:
- Start with the specific clothing type, it helps provide a base for the rest of the description and indicates the level of formality of the scene and the characters involved.
- Continue with the material (“what is it made of?”, without overdoing it of course). The difference between “leather” and “denim” can drastically change the reader’s perception of a scene.
- Include adjectives and nouns, such as colors and patterns. You can find some interesting ones here.
- Describing clothes and appearance (And if you should at all).
- A glossary on gowns and dresses.
- Our clothes tag.
Quick Tip: Sites such as Polyvore are very useful for creating visual representations of customized outfits. They also provide names and classifications, which can help you visualize the exact clothes you see your character wearing and might make describing them easier.
LET IT GO; ”You, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection” [LISTEN]
human - christina perri / i’m only human and I crash and I break down
let it go - disney /let it go, let it go and i’ll rise like the break of dawn
brave - sara barelies / maybe one of these days you can let the light in, i want to see you be brave
be still - the killers / when they knock you down don’t break character, you’ve got so much heart
roar - katy perry / i went from zero, to my own hero.
breakaway - kelly clarkson / i’ll spread my wings and i’ll learn how to fly i’ll do what it takes til’ i touch the sky
who says - selena gomez/ who says, who says you’re not perfect?
beautiful -christina aguilera / you are beautiful no matter what they say. Words can’t bring you down.
born this way - lady gaga / don’t hide yourself in regret, just love yourself and you’re set
perfect - pink / please don’t you ever, ever feel like you’re less than fucking perfect
i am not a robot - marina and the diamonds/ you are not a robot, you’re lovable, so lovable but you’re just troubled
shake it out - florence and the machine / and it’s hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off, its always darkest before the dawn
The “We Missed You So Much It Hurt” TPP Giveaway Post
We saved you guys some merchandise from 221B Con!
We all know how it feels to be stuck at home while others go to con. We really missed you. Reblog or retweet this post before 11:59 PM U.S. Eastern time on April 13 and we’ll randomly pick three folks to receive a packet of goodies from 221B Con. We’ll announce the winners on April 14.
<3 <3 <3
- The Three Patch Podcast